Countdown to the Publication of the Starlight Letters

Countdown to the Publication of the Starlight Letters

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Smell of Death

Humans are not the only ones that transform into deathly beings at the end of life. All life has this potential -- birds, dogs, scorpions, cats, horses, snakes, fish -- all life. Today I was tormented by an aggressive skunk ghost. I would walk to the living room and suddenly be overtaken by the pungent scent of skunk -- yet no skunk was inside the house. In the bathroom, later in my bedroom -- even at the store; the scent followed me everywhere. I was being tracked by the wicked spirit of a skunk. I wondered if perhaps I had hastened the end of this animal's life -- but I no longer drive. Of course, my daughter could have hit one without my knowledge as we returned from the restaurant last night. I did drift off to sleep for a few moments. Or we could have passed near the skunk just after its death, my subconscious mind, napping in the car, may have attracted it.

Another fear is that the human ghosts use animal ghosts to do their bidding. Could this be another attempt to capture me by my old friend? I shudder to think of the possibilities. I must focus on finding the answer -- I see another chapter in the Starlight Letters.


J.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment