Countdown to the Publication of the Starlight Letters

Countdown to the Publication of the Starlight Letters

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ghost Hunting on Television

I watched a tremendously entertaining television series last night: Ghost Hunters International. Though the group committed a comedy of errors and missed quite a few ghosts, I must say, I LOVED it! Several times I could make out ghostly shadows and hear voices of the dead emanating from the speakers of my television, but the "hunters" did not see or hear. They must be more perceptive if they are to catch a ghost! It was great fun to see how they used their equipment -- special cameras, digital voice recorders, etcetera -- to hunt elusive spirits. Of course, a technologically savvy ghost can manipulate such equipment, which is why I do not trust such devices. This is why the only tools in my ghost hunting tool kit are my eyes, ears, skin, and brain. It is all one ever needs to catch a ghost.

But still, Here! Here! to the Ghost Hunters International!

3 comments:

  1. I agree. GHI is a good show. I like the original series, Ghost Hunters better just because Jason and Grant (the leaders) are magnets for activity. Some people have a good chemistry for that and their combination really works to make things happen. I agree about people affecting equipment. There's a lot of limitations of equipment. The human body is still the best device. It's really bizarre, but I just read your article now and a few minutes ago I published an article on my blog about the limitations of equipment and the reliability of the human senses... We must be riding the same psychic highway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like GHI too but the original series is better. It's like you said, Jason and Grant tend to attract more paranormal activity than any of the other teams. I also agree that relying on your own senses is the best ghost hunting tool.....Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch,or try to watch every Ghost Hunters,Ghost Hunters International, or Paranormal State episode.There is another good one on the Travel channel every Friday night,but can't think of the name.Paranormal State is using new tools,and they seem to work well.

    ReplyDelete