Countdown to the Publication of the Starlight Letters

Countdown to the Publication of the Starlight Letters

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fibers in the Carpet

Often, Gartho sheds hair and drips his essence on the carpet. His odor lingers long after he has passed a room. This curious fact has made me wonder, could the essence of ghosts be trapped in the carpet and textiles, knotted and twisted in the fibers only to be released when we pass. To this end, I have ripped the carpet out of my bedroom. My daughter hasn't discovered this yet, but I am certain when she knows the facts she will accept my decision.

4 comments:

  1. I've often wondered where such phenomenon is held to be released again. I believe that it doesn't leave its initial territory. So, in the case of my childhood home, the same phenomenon occurred in the same places, and nothing happened in the new additions to the house. If your home has no history that would create a haunting, nothing should be locked into the environment. Also, carpet and curtains and such are cleaned and changed often over time, but spirits remain for decades, so my guess is that they're held in space and not objects, but memory can be held in objects to be read at a later date by someone who touches them. There are even reports of someone tearing down a home and rebuilding and the new home has issues in the same spot. I would think if materials could hold ghosts, the landfill would be a haunted mess. As someone who reads objects, I can tell you that essence left behind on objects is what I read, but that's not an active spirit. It's a memory. p.s. You're probably healthier for having no carpet--it tends to hold dust and allergens, so if anything, you'll sneeze less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I came over here to say hi and hope you are well-autumnforest has covered everything else i was going to mention and more! best to you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to see what you are blogging about. Autumn was very insightful on the subject. More than I could have been. I do agree about getting rid of the carpet. We did and my allergies have thank me for it.
    Take care James......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments. Yes, I agree, it is much healthier without the carpet. My daughter has agreed and we no longer have the allergen/ghost trap that once graced our floors.

    ReplyDelete